Expand my Community achievements bar.

Replace page in LiveCycle like in Acrobat Pro

Level 2

Hi everyone,

I create the background to my forms in Illustrator or Indesign and then take them into Acrobat Pro in order to place the form fields on the page. I sometimes need to adjust the background in the authoring program and then I just use the replace command In Acrobat Pro to update the page while still keeping all the form fields in place.

I've taken the pdf into Livecycle designer to add some more fields and other features to the form but I need to again adjust the background in Illustrator but I can't find a way to replace it in Livecycle like I could do in Acrobat.

Does anyone know if this is possible and where I can find the command?

Appreciate any help.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Under the Edit menu there is a "Replace Artwork" option.

Paul

Level 2

Thanks so much for that - I didn't see it before.

Just one further question if that's okay: I noticed that the table object is greyed out in the objects panel. It says:

"This type of object cannot be used in forms with pdf artwork"

I need to place a table on the page - is there anyway to get around this limitation?

Former Community Member

The tables rely on subforms which are dynamic. You cannot have a dynamic form with artwork as the whole intend is to shrink and grow the form. The aretwork portion of the template cannot adjust itself based on chnages in the fields (it is an image).

You may want to try and build a table structure yourself (using positioned subforms). Simply create the header objects then lasso them and wrap in a subform. Then do the same for the row. Then you can duplicate or repeat the row subform as many times as you need for your table.

Paul

Level 2

Okay - I'll give that a try.

I'm not sure if I need to post a new question but I have another problem. I'm trying to insert an image into the file - it's a .eps image that I saved out of Illustrator CS4, but when I insert it, it looks terrible, very low res and unusable. I thought that .eps files were okay in LiveCycle - do you know why this is happening as .jpgs seem to be okay?