Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can't install Reader Extensions

Level 3

Hello, every one!

I'm trying to install ES4 with ReaderExtensions and Barcoded Forms. And I can't access ReaderExtensions after installation, I recieve 404 error.

Here is how I've configured my ES4 installation:

After choosing 2 modules (Reader Extensions and Barcoded Forms) for install on one of the configuration manager screens, configuration manager have prepared 5 ear archives:

- adobe-core-jboss.ear

- adobe-formdataintegration-jboss.ear

- adobe-core-native-jboss-x86_win32.ear

- adobe-lc-launchpad.ear

- adobe-reader-extensions-servlet.ear

After that, I moved them to [root]\jboss\server\lc_sqlserver\deploy and restarted JBoss. But it result in errors:

2013-10-14 17:58:51,067 ERROR [org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.ProfileDeployAction] (main) Failed to add deployment: adobe-formdataintegration-jboss.ear

org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Exception determining structure: AbstractVFSDeployment(adobe-formdataintegration-jboss.ear)

at org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:49)

at org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractStructuralDeployers.determineStructure(AbstractStructuralDeployers.java:85)

at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.determineStructure(MainDeployerImpl.java:1001)

at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.determineDeploymentContext(MainDeployerImpl.java:437)

at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.addDeployment(MainDeployerImpl.java:387)

at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.addDeployment(MainDeployerImpl.java:297)

at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.MainDeployerAdapter.addDeployment(MainDeployerAdapter.java:86)

at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.ProfileDeployAction.install(ProfileDeployAction.java:61)

at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.AbstractProfileAction.install(AbstractProfileAction.java:53)

at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.AbstractProfileService.install(AbstractProfileService.java:403)

at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractControllerContext.install(AbstractControllerContext.java:348)

at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.install(AbstractController.java:1652)

at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.incrementState(AbstractController.java:938)

at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.resolveContexts(AbstractController.java:1082)

at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.resolveContexts(AbstractController.java:988)

at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.install(AbstractController.java:778)

at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.install(AbstractController.java:543)

at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.AbstractProfileService.registerProfile(AbstractProfileService.java:308)

at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.start(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:256)

at org.jboss.bootstrap.AbstractServerImpl.start(AbstractServerImpl.java:461)

at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:221)

at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:556)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error determining structure: adobe-formdataintegration-jboss.ear

at org.jboss.deployment.EARStructure.determineStructure(EARStructure.java:307)

at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.plugins.structure.StructureDeployerWrapper.determineStructure(StructureDeployerWrapper.java:73)

at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.plugins.structure.VFSStructuralDeployersImpl.doDetermineStructure(VFSStructuralDeployersImpl.java:196)

at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.plugins.structure.VFSStructuralDeployersImpl.determineStructure(VFSStructuralDeployersImpl.java:221)

at org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractStructuralDeployers.determineStructure(AbstractStructuralDeployers.java:77)

... 21 more

Caused by: org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBException: Failed to parse source: The content of element type "application" is incomplete, it must match "(icon?,display-name,description?,module+,security-role*)". @ *unknown*[22,15]

at org.jboss.xb.binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser.parse(SaxJBossXBParser.java:203)

at org.jboss.xb.binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser.parse(SaxJBossXBParser.java:183)

at org.jboss.xb.binding.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:161)

at org.jboss.deployment.EARStructure.determineStructure(EARStructure.java:162)

... 25 more

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: The content of element type "application" is incomplete, it must match "(icon?,display-name,description?,module+,security-role*)". @ *unknown*[22,15]

at org.jboss.xb.binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser$MetaDataErrorHandler.error(SaxJBossXBParser.java:426)

at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleEndElement(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endElement(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.xb.binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser.parse(SaxJBossXBParser.java:199)

... 28 more

so, I've tried to delete adobe-formdataintegration-jboss.ear from JBoss deploy folder and restart JBoss again.

Now I can access adminui.

But I still can not access htttp://localhost:8080/ReaderExtensions. I recieve 404 error.

I've tried to examine my environment:

- There are two components (ReaderExtensionsService : 2.0 and ReaderExtensionsService : 1.0) here: Home > Services > Applications and Services > Service Management > Service Management > Category = Reader Extensions. And they are running.

- adobe-formdataintegration-jboss.ear is surprisingly small: only 2Kb, also, it contains only META-INF folder with application and weblogicapplication xmls. Here is a content of application.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE application SYSTEM "http://java.sun.com/dtd/application_1_3.dtd" PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE Application 1.3//EN">

<!-- Adobe Confidential Copyright 2000-2007 Adobe Systems Incorporated All Rights Reserved. Notice: All Information Contained Herein Is, And Remains The Property Of Adobe Systems Incorporated And Its Supplier, If Any. The Intellectual And Technical Concepts Contained Herein Are Proprietary To Adobe Systems Incorporated And Its Suppliers And May Be Covered By U.S. And Foreign Patents, Patents In Process, And Are Protected By Trade Secret Or Copyright Law. Dissemination Of This Information Or Reproduction Of This Material Is Strictly Forbidden Unless Prior Written Permission Is Obtained From Adobe Systems Incorporated. -->

-<application> <display-name>FormDataIntegration</display-name> <description>This EAR contains the Adobe LiveCycle FormDataIntegration core module.</description> </application>

- Log files from [root]\configurationManager\log and [root]\jboss\server\lc_sqlserver\log does not contain any errors during ear preparation proccess state.

- While there are a lot of messages in [root]\jboss\server\lc_sqlserver\log\server.log about deploying adobe-core-jboss, it looks like. there is no messages about any manipulations with adobe-reader-extensions-servlet.

So, how can i fix this issue? How to make reader extensions run, and what should i do to remove  adobe-formdataintegration-jboss error correctly?

1 Reply

Employee Advisor

Above mentioned EARs aren't the correct one. There should be only three or atleast two(first two) as below :

adobe-livecycle-jboss.ear

adobe-livecycle-native-jboss-x86_win32.ear

adobe-workspace-client.ear

Based on your selection, there might be upto 7 EARs. Once you configure the EARs using configuration manager, they must be present in <LiveCycle directory>\configurationManager\export directory.

LCM also displays this message (same for ES4 as well):

EARS.jpg

Make sure you are following the correct steps.

Thanks,

Wasil