Expand my Community achievements bar.

Bold some of a text

Level 2

Is it possible to bold some of the text in a value field but not all?

9 Replies

Level 7

Do you mean that a user when they are entering text can make some text bold? If so yes. You will need to set the field as a Rich Text field. See below:

dialog1.PNG

When the user enters the field they would need to hit the Ctrl-E to get the options. You can do this on an enter event with script, or put text at the top of the field with instructions.

dialog2.PNG

Level 2

Thanks for the reply. I just want to bold some of the text not all the text, is it possible? I tried with the Rich text function and it does not do the trick.

Thanks if you can help

Level 7

Can you provide a better description of what you want to do. How will a user interact with the text? will you be populating this or will the user when then enter the field?

Level 2

The field is set with some text and the user will add some text between the questions. I would to just bold the questions but not the description which is above.

as example:

description of the problem

1. when did it happen

this happen on ...

2. what happened?

a error message came up

would you know if it would be possible within a field and how?

Thanks again for your help

Level 7

What you wanted to do is to set the Caption and Value separately. See screen shots below. Capture.PNG

capture2.PNG

Level 7

is that what you were looking for?

Level 2

Not exactly. I told the user it cannot be done. Maybe to suggest to Adobe directly to improve this type of details.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Level 7

I guess I just do not get what you want to do but the software can be configured to do a great deal.