Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Android front camera access with LCCS Webcam component

Former Community Member

Hi,

I am developing a video chat application for the Android device with LCCS, just want to ask, so far by default the camera accessed is the back camera, is there anyway to specify the usage of the front-facing camera?

If it is not supported, what about iPhone devices?

Please advice, thanks!

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

If you check the android sdk docs you'll see that there is no front facing camera support (the is returns one single camera and it's always the back) until 2.3

Applications that come with the phone (usually made by the manufacturer) use device dependent Apis.

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

The front facing camera is supported in iOS but not yet in android. Android added support to the front camera only in 2.3 (gingerbread) and flash will add support in a future update (later this year).

Sent from my iPhone

Former Community Member

Did AIR just decide not to support the front facing webcam for Android? Because I have 2.2 and there are apps that can switch between the two cameras. For example, the Camera app that comes standard on my HTC Evo 2.2 phone.

Correct answer by
Employee

If you check the android sdk docs you'll see that there is no front facing camera support (the is returns one single camera and it's always the back) until 2.3

Applications that come with the phone (usually made by the manufacturer) use device dependent Apis.

Sent from my iPhone