Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Designer - Force Page Break

Level 2

Hello All,

I'm new to AEM (LiveCycle) Designer but I thought I had mastered the basic stuff.  That was until someone asked me force a page break in a document that currently contains information by state in a table object inside a flowed subform.  The request is to have the table data element begin on a new page each time the state changes.  I thought such a request would be really simple (and it probably is) but I can't find an explanation of how to do it.

Thanks in advance!

Willie C.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Willie C,

Sounds like you could use the conditional break option on the Row object of your table, so something like;

1500620_pastedImage_0.png

The code

if (this.index > 0) {

this.resolveNode('Row1[-1].State').rawValue

!=

State.rawValue;

}

Assume your row is called Row1 and the state field is called State.  The reference "this.resolveNode('Row1[-1].State').rawValue" returns the State value on the previous row, so we don't want to execute this when we are on the first row "if (this.index > 0) {"

Regards

Bruce

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Willie C,

Sounds like you could use the conditional break option on the Row object of your table, so something like;

1500620_pastedImage_0.png

The code

if (this.index > 0) {

this.resolveNode('Row1[-1].State').rawValue

!=

State.rawValue;

}

Assume your row is called Row1 and the state field is called State.  The reference "this.resolveNode('Row1[-1].State').rawValue" returns the State value on the previous row, so we don't want to execute this when we are on the first row "if (this.index > 0) {"

Regards

Bruce