Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Adobe LiveCycle 8.2 on Fedora 10 Linux

Former Community Member

Hello,

We are trying to install Adobe LiveCycle 8.2 (trial version) on Linux Fedora 10. While running the linux_livecycle8_setup.bin, we are getting an erro saying 'No JRE found on this system'. But we have JDK1.5 installed and the paths and JAVA_HOME set to JDK1.5. java -version also shows the correct Java version.

We have also noticed that the installer is trying to load the bundled JRE. It also throws a Text Relocation issue for one .so file in tmp folder.

We have successfully installed it on Solaris and Windows and already bought a license for Reader Extension component.

Could somebody assist us with this?

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

2 Replies

Level 4

JAVA_HOME might be set but the environment variable PATH should contain the following entry, among other things:

$JAVA_HOME/bin:

Verify using the command:

which java

and make sure it is not picking up any 1.4.2 JDKs that might be present.

Also, Fedora is not a supported Linux distribution but that shouldn't necessarily cause this particular problem.

Level 2

Hi - I am having the exact same problem trying to install LiveCycle 8.2 on CentOS 5.

when I try to install via ./linux_livecycle8_setup.bin

it initializes the wizard - tries to extract the bundled JRE and says it cannot find it on the system.

I made sure to have jdk1.5.0_19 installed already.

I am not sure if I modified the path infor for Java correctly.

I am pretty new to this - so I am not sure if this code makes sense or not -

This is what I have added in my /etc/profile doc for Java references:

JAVA=""

export JAVA="sun"

export JPATH="/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_19"

export JAVA_HOME="$JPATH"

export CLASSPATH="$PATH/bin"

$JAVA_HOME/bin:

export PATH="/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_19/bin:$PATH"

export PATH="/usr/jboss_4.2.0/bin:$PATH"

export JBOSS_HOME="/usr/jboss_4.2.0"

pathmunge $JPATH/bin before

Update:  I have also tried to change this to:

JAVA_HOME=/usr/java

export JAVA_HOME

PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

export PATH

as described in the "Preparing to Install Livecycle ES" document - but to no avail - I keep getting the same error message about no JRE.

Any suggestions would be very helpful - thanks in advance -

-Ben