Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Adding & removing table row automatically

Level 1

Hi,

I need to make a simple form using LiveCycle Designer 8, that has a table in it. My customer would like the table to expand automatically when the table is filled. I'm new to LiveCycle Designer, so I don't really know that much about it. I managed to add & remove rows from a table with buttons & some javascript. However, I don't know if it's possible to add rows automatically without requiring the user to add them manually. For example, adding a new row when the user reaches the current last row of the table and removing the last row if the last two rows are empty.

Any suggestions, anyone?

2 Replies

Level 10

What ever code you had placed in the Click event of the Button to add rows, move the same code to the Exit event of the last control in the Row. That way when you exit the last field in the row, it will add a new row to the table.

Adding and Deleting rows depend on the script and not on the button. So you can move the script to any event based on your need.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Yep, that should work. How do I check whether the column is on the last row of the table? And how do I check if a row is empty?

Is there any decent scripting reference for FormCalc like for example for ActionScript? I found this http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/tips/CalcScripts.pdf but it doesn't have anything about tables that I can see.