Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Add variable number of weekdays to date field

Level 2

When my user selects a "target start date" for a contract task, I want to add the number of "allowable days" to that date. (That value comes from a text field populated with a number, which varies based on a dropdown menu listing the types of contracts they can work on.) This calculated date should appear in a "target completion date" field. Where I'm getting stuck is that the "allowable days" for the task must only be counting business days (Monday-Friday).

Here are the names of my fields:

Allow.Row1.Cell   //  text field that will populate with a specific number of days based on a dropdown menu selection.

Dates.Row1.TARGETSTART   //   date field

Dates.Row1.TARGETEND   //   date field

This is the code I had that works but does include weekends. I want to exclude weekends.

if(HasValue(Dates.Row1.TARGETSTART)) then

Num2Date( (Date2Num(Dates.Row1.TARGETSTART.formattedValue, "MM-DD-YYYY") + Allow.Row1.Cell), "MM-DD-YYYY") + 1

I searched through the discussion boards and can't find anything that I've been able to edit properly to fit my situation! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies

Level 8

Add to your condition:

if (HasValue(Dates.Row1.TARGETSTART)) and

Num2Date(Date2Num(Dates.Row1.TARGETSTART.formattedValue, "MM-DD-YYYY") EEEE")<>"Saturday" and

Num2Date(Date2Num(Dates.Row1.TARGETSTART.formattedValue, "MM-DD-YYYY")  EEEE")<>"Sunday") then

Kyle

Level 2

Thank you, but it's not recognizing the "and" after "Saturday" and the "then" after "Sunday". I tried removing the end quotation mark after EEEE or adding an opening quotation mark before EEEE but nothing is making that code work:

if (HasValue(Dates.Row1.TARGETSTART)) and

Num2Date(Date2Num(Dates.Row1.TARGETSTART.formattedValue, "MM-DD-YYYY") EEEE")<>"Saturday" and

Num2Date(Date2Num(Dates.Row1.TARGETSTART.formattedValue, "MM-DD-YYYY")  EEEE")<>"Sunday") then

(Dates.Row1.TARGETSTART.formattedValue

, "MM-DD-YYYY") + Allow.Row1.Cell), "MM-DD-YYYY") + 1

I am putting this in the TARGETEND date field as a calculation using FormCalc.