Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle Designer - expand hidden questions

Level 2

I am currently looking to see if anyone knows how and if it is possible to create expanding questions in Adobe LiveCycle. What I would like to do is have a set of hidden questions in my form which will open of someone answers a particular question in a particular way. For example if the question was "do you have a cat" yes or no, if yes was selected it would open several questions about their cat if no was select it would keep the questions hidden.

I've looked at everything possible to see if this can be done but with out the correct terminology for this action I cant find anything.

Any help would be wonderful!

Many Thanks

Amy

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi Amy.

I am currently doing something very similar and solving that part with  the action builder.

Have all your stages of your form set out first and then use the show/Hide action and that should sort out your problem.

Raffe.

Level 2

Hi Raffe

Thank you for this i will give this a go and see if it works

Many Thanks

Amy

Level 8

Use the presence property to hide/show fields/subforms. Ex. mySubform.presence="hidden".

You might want to make sure what you are hiding is in a flowed subform. That way when it is hidden, it is actually removed from the form layout instead of leaving a gap.

Kyle

Level 2

Hi Kyle

Thank you for this I have given this a go and it seems to do the job but what I need to do now is put something in place to say that when someone selects ‘Yes’ to a certain question it then opens the hidden sub form and asks them further questions, it will then need to take them back to the original questions once they have completed those in the sub form. At a guess I think I need to write something into the script but I wondered if you might know of an easier way?

Many Thanks

Amy