Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Add new fonts to CM

Level 2
Level 2

Hi everyone,

I'd like to add a new font in CM & use it in the CM's Editor.

Unbenannt.png

What I did so far:

• installed the font on the server -> right click on font file & install
  • copied font file to custom font directory at D:/Adobe/font
  • add Font name "Frutiger LT Com 4 Light" to in CRX in file /content/cm/tbxeditor-config.xml
  • restartet LC 4 jboss server

snippet:

<fonts>

<font>Frutiger LT Com 45 Light</font>

</fonts>

The Server log just says:

2013-06-19 12:20:28,186 INFO  [com.adobe.fontmanager.FontManager] (main) FontManager: Loading Customer fonts from directory: D:\Adobe\Fonts

2013-06-19 12:20:28,451 INFO  [com.adobe.fontmanager.FontManager] (main) FontManager: Loading Adobe Server fonts from directory: D:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES4\fonts

2013-06-19 12:20:34,972 INFO  [com.adobe.fontmanager.FontManager] (main) FontManager: Loading System fonts from directory: C:\Windows\Fonts

I couldn't find any errors in error.log/server.log.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance

jwe

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

In Correspondence Management, If you are talking about fonts while authoring text in Text Editor authoring UI, the font needs to be present on the client machine. If a font in not present on the client machine, the Flex UI would show a fallback font when you are previewing/editing text.

Now, if we look at the fonts experience in Letter PDF generated as output from Correspondence Management, what you observed below about designer and PDF output still holds true.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Please perform the steps as mentioned @ http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/11.0/CorrespondenceManagementDeveloper/WSa19c1f2d88afc1f2e859c...

You mentioned that you copied the font file to D:/Adobe/font but the log says loading customer fonts from D:\Adobe\Fonts (notice an extra s in the log) - Can you check if you need to correct the configuration to point to correct folder location ?

--Santosh

Employee

Along with server, these fonts should also be installed on each client desktop machine from where you are opening CM UI, in case to want to use them in Text Editor.

Also, what is the extact thing that is not working as per your expectation. I could not find that in original question. Is it not showing in CM Text Editor font drop down or something else?

-Deepak

Level 2
Level 2

Hi Santosh, hi Deepak ,

thx for your replies. I'm sorry I haven't found that resource. I'll give it a try. The customer font folder is right, but I missed the 's' in my post above only.

"Also, what is the extact thing that is not working as per your expectation. I could not find that in original question. Is it not showing in CM Text Editor font drop down or something else?"

What I meant is, after I installed the font & added the font label to CM Editor Font drop down, I'm not able to switch e.g. from Times New Roman to my custom font.

Greetings

jwe

Former Community Member

I'm not completely sure how it is in CM, but going from Designer, if you want the end-user to have the exact same font that you loaded up on the originating system, you need to embed the fonts in the PDF output.  Otherwise, the client / end-user's system will make a font substitution if it doesn't have the exact font on their system, and the LC server can't control how or what substitution is made.

Correct answer by
Employee

In Correspondence Management, If you are talking about fonts while authoring text in Text Editor authoring UI, the font needs to be present on the client machine. If a font in not present on the client machine, the Flex UI would show a fallback font when you are previewing/editing text.

Now, if we look at the fonts experience in Letter PDF generated as output from Correspondence Management, what you observed below about designer and PDF output still holds true.