in the form everything below that instance is no longer calculated. Ple

ase help.

K

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You need a .rawValue ,,,like this:

xfa.resolveNode("#subform[1].setup-tr2").rawValue

+xfa.resolveNode("#subform[1].mid-tr2").rawValue+ etc....

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

what expression did you use on the calculation? Which version of Reader did you target for the form?

Paul

Former Community Member

xfa.resolveNode("#subform[1].setup-tr2")

+xfa.resolveNode("#subform[1].mid-tr2")+ it goes on from here.

Its targeted for reader 9.0 or later.

Former Community Member

You will need a rawValue on the end of each of those expressions ....I am assuming setup-tr2 is the fieldname.

If that does not work send the form and a description of the issue to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look.

Paul

Former Community Member

Yes setup-tr2 is a field name. S

o my expression should look like

xfa.resolveNode("#subform[1].setup-tr2")rawValue

+xfa.resolveNode("#subform[1].mid-tr2")rawValue+ ?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You need a .rawValue ,,,like this:

xfa.resolveNode("#subform[1].setup-tr2").rawValue

+xfa.resolveNode("#subform[1].mid-tr2").rawValue+ etc....

Former Community Member

Opps, I forgot the .

I did try this and it worked to keep all calculation in my total, but now when I add instance, I get an error message. I did email you a sample of my form with an explaination of my issue, before I added the .rawValue.

Thank you. K

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----