Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Add a page question

Level 3

Hi guys

I have a long form, and the last page contains many expandable text fields.

There is not much room on the last page, so if any of the text fields are expanded, the rest of the form will likely overflow to what should be a new page.

However, another page is not created.  Instead, whatever would have gone to the next page apparently disappears from the space-time continuum.

I am allowing page breaks on the page subform, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

A simplified version of the form is attached if it helps.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

A couple of things to look at:

1. The form needs to be saved as "dynamic xml form" for this dynamic feature to work;
  2. While you had the subform containing the textfield set to flowed, the overall page 1 container / subform needs to be set to flowed as well;
  3. You can have other positioned subforms with static content, followed by flowed subforms;
  4. You will need to decide what you want the flowing subforms to do, keep together, start on new pages, check out the pagination tab.

That should work then.

Also with textfields and numeric fields you can move the caption from the left (default) to the top of the field in the Layout tab. In the font tab you can specify a different font for the caption to that of the value.

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

A couple of things to look at:

1. The form needs to be saved as "dynamic xml form" for this dynamic feature to work;
  2. While you had the subform containing the textfield set to flowed, the overall page 1 container / subform needs to be set to flowed as well;
  3. You can have other positioned subforms with static content, followed by flowed subforms;
  4. You will need to decide what you want the flowing subforms to do, keep together, start on new pages, check out the pagination tab.

That should work then.

Also with textfields and numeric fields you can move the caption from the left (default) to the top of the field in the Layout tab. In the font tab you can specify a different font for the caption to that of the value.

Good luck,

Niall