Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Accessor

Level 2

I've beat this to death but can't resolve an "accessor" error I'm encountering when trying to concatenate names on the top of pages following the front page on a form.  I've tested it in a separate file file where only the 3 fields and the concatenated field exist and it works perfectly, but when I copy the same script into the full file it respondes with the accessor error.  I've verified the field name spelling, verified that there are no duplicates with the same field name and I've reduced it to a single name without concat and still get the error.

Script failed (language is formcalc; context is xfa[0].form[0].F[0].#subform[1].#area[31].FullName[0])

Script=concat(LastName,”, “,FirstName,” “,MiddleName)

Error: accessor ‘LastName’ is unknown

When I execute it in the test file, the final field displays only the comma, then adds each name as each is entered in the proper field.  When I go to preview the active file it immediately gives me the accessor error.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is the corrected file..The problem is you are trying to reference the field from a different page.. So I gave the full path of the fields in the calculate event..

https://acrobat.com/#d=YrtyHg-CeemCkxOoLAxnmg

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 2

This is incredibly frustrating.  Most of the discussions here are about situations much more complicated that what I'm dealing with.  This isn't an attempt to link to another database, simply to concatenate lastname, firstname middle name.  It functions perfectly in a new file that only contains those 3 fields, but the exact same script draws an accessor error when the script is attempted on the real form.  All names and spellings have been verified and no duplicate fields with the same name have been found.

Level 10

The error looks like it could not resolve the field name "LastName".. Check in your form heirarchy that you have the name matching the same.

Thanks

Srini

Level 10

Can you post your form to LiveCycle9@gmail.com, so I can have a look at it..

Thanks

Level 2

I've sent the file.  Thanks for checking it out.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is the corrected file..The problem is you are trying to reference the field from a different page.. So I gave the full path of the fields in the calculate event..

https://acrobat.com/#d=YrtyHg-CeemCkxOoLAxnmg

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Thank you!

Moments before I received your solution I realized that in my test file they were all on the same page, but in the work file they were never on the same page --- but I had no idea how to resolve it or prove it was the source of the problem.  I thought because the Global binding worked across pages that it shouldn't be an issue for other calling functions, but now I know.

Thanks again.