Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Access CollectionNode when logged in as guest

Level 2

Hi,

I am attempting to do some custom messaging by using the CollectionNode in action script.  When I am logged in as host I can use the collectionNode with no problems, but when I am logged in as a guest (all my users will be 'guests') - I get the error 'insufficient permissions to create a new CollectionNode. You must be an OWNER of the room to add new multi-user features to it. Log in with developer credentials in order to do so.'

I think the problem is that in my code I have:

private var messaging:CollectionNode = new CollectionNode();

I have a CollectionNode ( named 'Messaging') for my room, which was created using the room console.  Is there a way I can access this already created CollectionNode through actionscript (jnstead of instantiating a new one)?

Hope my question makes sense - I am really stuck and probably missing something obvious.  Can anyone help me out?

thanks

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Mark,

Here is a way to access a collectionnode created using devconsole.

For e.g. Let's say you created a CollectionNode called "myCollectionNode" using devconsole, then the way you can access it as a guest is

messaging.sharedID = "myCollectionNode" ;

messaging.connectSession = session ;

messaging.subscribe() ;

i.e. you need to assign the name to sharedID property and assign a connectSession object to connectSession property. And then when you call subscribe, you get all the data.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Mark,

Here is a way to access a collectionnode created using devconsole.

For e.g. Let's say you created a CollectionNode called "myCollectionNode" using devconsole, then the way you can access it as a guest is

messaging.sharedID = "myCollectionNode" ;

messaging.connectSession = session ;

messaging.subscribe() ;

i.e. you need to assign the name to sharedID property and assign a connectSession object to connectSession property. And then when you call subscribe, you get all the data.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 2

Hi Hironmay,

Thanks that did help!  The issue was that I was not setting the sharedID of the CollectionNode.   It makes sense now that it should be set to the name of the CollectionNode I created in the dev console.

cheers

Mark

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----