Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Drop down issue

Former Community Member

I have a drop down field with multiple options, can an option if chosen, bring up a certain set of text fields to be filled in?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Here is a modified sample

Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Yes ...you can test the value of the DD and then if it is what you want you can toggle the presence property to make the fields visible.

Paul

Former Community Member

I have attached a sample of what I am trying to do; if "File" is selected I would like the first set of text to appear, if "Serial" is selected I would like the second set of text to appear.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Here is a modified sample

Paul

Level 1

Paul,

your example also helped me with a similar issue. Thank you for posting your response.

GDK

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----