Expand my Community achievements bar.

A drop-down that update dynamically?

Former Community Member

I have a drop-down list placed in a table's row which has 3 entries (E1,E2,E3) and in the next row an add button that adds a new row.
When I choose an entry (i.e: E1) from the DD and click on the add button, the new DD list should have only two entries (i.e: E2, E3) and so on .
any idea how to implement that dynamically?

Thanks

11 Replies

Former Community Member

This can be done. However, what is the user experience after they pick a value from the drop-down, the value is removed from the drop-down and they realize they picked the wrong value?

Steve

Former Community Member

Hi Steve

My DD has 20 entries and each entry display 5 or 6 checkboxes (name of programs). So when a user selected an entry from the DD list and programs from the checboxes and he /she not allowed to pick the same entry from the DD. So to avoid mistake I would like to have a dynamic DD list that decrease gradually. Let me know if this is clear.

Thanks

Level 3

You may try this logic path...

After a selection is made you will have the selectedIndex. Use this index to perform a deleteItem from the DD list.

Former Community Member

Hi

I used deleteItem but the entry that I chose is back in the list after I made couple add row. What I want when an entry is selected, it should be clear from the DD list during the current session.Is this a way to send a private e-mail with my PDF attachment?

Level 3

You may send it to me with attached PDF.

Bill

Former Community Member

Hi Bill

As mentioned in my previous posting I linked an attachment in my note but I don't see it. Did you get it in your personal email?

And how to do an attachment in this forum.....? Thanks

Former Community Member

Non-employees of Adobe cannot use the attachment feature. It has been disabled because it was be used by hackers to upload infected content. You will have to use email for attachments.

Steve

Level 3

Are you using

deleteItem(selectedIndex)

in the change or exit event?

Former Community Member

Thanks for letting me know that.....so how to know the e-mail address of the recipient like Bill or you?

Thanks