Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

2 Calendar dates and a day count calculated on 1 form.

Level 3

Hello forum,

I makin a new form that has two calendar dates.

The first date is a start date

The second is an end date

After the dates are selected a text box will generate the number of days.

How could I accomplish this.

I'm desperate for help, my form is ready for presentation and I've tried to find a solution and I'm at my deadline.

Thank You so much forum!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I would recommend using FormCalc for anything to do with dates. The process is fairly straight forward, you convert each date to a number and subtract them. In the script I have wrapped the calculation in an if statement to check that the dates are correct first:

if (startDate == null or finishDate == null ) then

$ = null

elseif (startDate > finishDate) then

xfa.host.messageBox("Please check the start and finish dates, as there appears to be an error", "Dates")

$ = null

else

$ = Date2Num(finishDate, "YYYY-MM-DD", "en_IE") - Date2Num(startDate, "YYYY-MM-DD", "en_IE")

endif

Good luck with the presentation,

Niall

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I would recommend using FormCalc for anything to do with dates. The process is fairly straight forward, you convert each date to a number and subtract them. In the script I have wrapped the calculation in an if statement to check that the dates are correct first:

if (startDate == null or finishDate == null ) then

$ = null

elseif (startDate > finishDate) then

xfa.host.messageBox("Please check the start and finish dates, as there appears to be an error", "Dates")

$ = null

else

$ = Date2Num(finishDate, "YYYY-MM-DD", "en_IE") - Date2Num(startDate, "YYYY-MM-DD", "en_IE")

endif

Good luck with the presentation,

Niall

Level 3

Awesome formula and easy to use.

Thanks a million.

Arnold Love

Level 7

There is any way the script does not calculate Saturdays and Sundays?

Thanks

Level 10

Hi,

There may be something here, that may help you.

Good luck,

Niall