Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

2 bugs

Level 4

usingthe FP10 AFCS swc just had this error thrown:

ArgumentError: Error #2025: The supplied DisplayObject must be a child of the caller.
    at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/removeChild()
    at mx.core::UIComponent/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::$removeChild()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:5096]
    at mx.core::UIComponent/removeChild()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:5004]
    at com.adobe.rtc.collaboration::WebcamSubscriber/deleteStream()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomoPlayer10\src\com\adobe\rtc\collaboration\WebcamSubscriber.as:949]
    at com.adobe.rtc.collaboration::WebcamSubscriber/onStreamDelete()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomoPlayer10\src\com\adobe\rtc\collaboration\WebcamSubscriber.as:771]

produced the above bug thus:

preson A starts a session

A invites persons B & C

A starts a vid stream with a WebcamPublisher

B & C arrive, see A's stream

B starts his stream via WebcamPublisher

B stops his stream

C experiences the crash, A & B seem to continue with the sessin fine.

and this one, same swc:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
    at com.adobe.rtc.collaboration::AudioPublisher/onActivity()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomoPlayer10\src\com\adobe\rtc\collaboration\AudioPublisher.as:1063]
    at com.adobe.rtc.collaboration::AudioPublisher/onActivityTimerComplete()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomoPlayer10\src\com\adobe\rtc\collaboration\AudioPublisher.as:1265]
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

preson A starts a session

A invites person B

B experinces this crash whilst loggoing onto AFCS sesion

9 Replies

Level 4

these bugs seem to be occurring purely  within the Cocomo classes and as such I cant really have a bash at fixing them and this is for a client project with a very short deadline (tomorrow, officially) so I would be grateful for at least some comment, if not a fix (especially for the first of the two issues) and a newly released FP10 AFCS swc. before the client pans my @ss

Former Community Member

Hi Dubya,

Of course, we'll look into these, but sheesh, you wrote the first post at 5:30am our time (it's 7 now) - so please have a little patience, you know we've been on top of things pretty fast in the past. Also, we do want you to be successful, but it's not entirely reasonable to demand that we produce a new SWC for you today, so that you can sell our free beta service to a client, is it?

Sorry for the grumpy tone, but this post rubbed me the wrong way. We're looking into your bugs - any more details would be appreciated.

thanks

nigel

Level 4

hey nigel

sorry to seem a bit impatient, just poorly chosen language i think, nothing untoward intended, i know you've been fast turning around before. we feel a bit under pressure over here too is all.

Level 4

we're in the uk, don't stop to think about time difs sometimes.

as for more details: the error stack in the first bug occurs entriely in the AFCS swc classes so hard to add traces/debug etc, and the second has only occurred for me once in what must be thousands of rooms by now. so wouldn't know how to tell you to reproduce that one (not such a big concern perhaps)

Former Community Member

Ok, let's get down to figuring out the first one then - Is there anything specific about the player 10 features you need? IE, RTMFP? Try using the player 9 swc and see how often this reproduces (and if it does, you can find out where in the source, which will give us some more clues). We've used the player 10 swc in production environments before with no problems, so this is probably some subtle timing issue - is there anything special about this case?

nigel

Former Community Member

Hi ,

I will take at look at it today, but without knowing what were you trying to do that kicks the exception in Stream Delete handler, it very hard to judge. What were the set of actions you performed? Can you send some small test code that you can provide us ?

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 4

thanks guys. am not going to have time to sort this into a small test app and i can't possibly send the whole app, and wouldn't expect you guys to have to sort through that anyway. i take it from nigel's comment that i am doing something in the wrong order, will have a look at that when i get time away from teh many other bugs i have to look at today.

dont you just hate bugfixing?

Employee

Hi Dubya,

I am guessing that you are using an old SWC. Can you try the scenario you mentioned using the new SWC and check if it still fails. Also as Nigel mentioned if you are not using p2p & other player 10 specific features, you can try running your app with player 9 swc... I am sure the issue can be fixed or a work around is possible.

Thanks

Arun

Level 4

hey arun

twas my bad, whoops, do i look like a fool eh? oh boy!

thanks 4 ur help guyz. an sorry for teh bad start to the morning t'other day nigel

/embarrassed