Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

The server connection was lost at XX:XX:XX

Former Community Member
The server connection was lost at XX:XX:XX

I get this workspace error quite a lot. The LC server runs on c2d 2.4ghz 3gb ram and plenty of HD. Currently only 2 people are using Workspace.

Is this a common error, fixed in a patch or newer biuld of LC?

Can I see logs of this (dis)connection on server anywhere, to debug it?
10 Replies

Level 10
It should be in the application server log file.

For JBoss it'll be under c:\adobe\livecycle8.2\jboss\server\all\log\server.log.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Good chance that these messages are not logged on the server.

The message is displayed in Workspace when it recieves a CHANNEL_DISCONNECT event on the communication channel so it is likely network related. Try using an HTTP tracer like Charles or Fiddler to see if they report anything.

Former Community Member
This is interesting as it happens only thru https connection on workspace. I am using turnkey installation of LC. Has this something to do with JBoss configuration?

Level 2

We have also been having this issue. Tier III support suggested upgrading to SP3. I am curious to know if anyone has resolved this issue. It is becoming a big problem for our end users.

Jesse

Level 2

Our client is experiencing this issue with more and more users on production.  Did you ever find a solution?

Former Community Member

My Experience:

Using MS IE 8 (no patches) causes these error inconsitently.

- sometimes it happens, sometimes not!

- Happens in both HTTPS or HTTP mode.

- Happens on the same box.

- Have had this error only twice in FireFox!

Temporary work around (98% bullet proof):

- Clear IE cache

OR

- Use FireFox / some other browser

OR

- Restart LC Server

My thoughts:

- Certian versions MS IE may require a patch upgrade.

- Flash plugin may need to be updated

Level 2

Just wanted to reply to this post to see if anyone has found a resolution to this issue. We are seeing this consistently with LiveCycle Workspace ES2, IE8, Flash player 10.2.

Any Ideas?

Jesse

Level 3

Here is a tech note that may help:

Using LiveCycle Workspace ES2 on Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP or Windows 2003

To use Workspace ES2 on Internet Explorer 8 on a Windows XP or Windows 2003 machine, you must first download the following patch:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS09-054.mspx

Otherwise, initialization errors will occur.

Try installing this IE patch and see if that helps.

Level 2

Yes! That was it, Robert. You saved me and all the form owners I support. Thank you so much!

Jesse