Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

submit button

Former Community Member
HI Everyone,

I need help. I added a button and selected the control type as submit with it to include the sign submition. After the form is filled out I want to b abel to press that button and E-mail it (I got that part complete) But when opening the E-mail I would like the actual signature of the person who pressed that button to appear. I am thinking I need another field which will populate only on the click of that Submit button the signture of the individual that clicked that button. I added a txt feield next to my button but I am looking for code to make it work now.

Button presses and 3 actions need to take place:

1.the signature appears on the screen

2. All the fields lock on the form

3. Form is E-mailed to 3 people.

Can anyone help?

Thanks ahead of time. Lucy
7 Replies

Former Community Member
The click of the button cannot cause a signature to happen. The user will have to click on the signature field for that, but you can validate whether the signature is there or not and cancel the submission if it is not.

I would hide the submit button and use a regular button (that way I can script behind it). The code should check to see if a signature is present, then lock all fields (if you didn't do it through the signature), then press the submit button. If the signature is not present then put a message up telling the user they must sign the form first.

There was a post recently that showed how to check for a signature, you may have to search for it.

Former Community Member
Thanks for the info.

My goal is to have my CIO be able to provide a visable signature and submit the form via e-mail to 3 different people all in one click. I know the sign and Submit button will sign and submit it through E-mail but when the form is received by the last person handling it the CIO signature is not displayed anywhere. I also can not get it to take 3 e-mail addresses at the same time. can you think of anything that might allow me to reach this goal? or maybe even something I might be doing wrong.

Thanks Lucy

Level 7
Digital signatures aren't about whether you see them on screen: they

are much more than that. The screen appearance is just a distraction.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
I understand they are much more then a picture on the screen. But I need for it to show up on the screen so when the final signature is collected on the form, we can print it and see all the signtures that took place. As it is, I can see the signatures that were added useing the document signature field. Those show up after the user signs it. But when useing the sign and submit field it doesn't populate the signature. I'm not good with developing at all. I'm sure its signing it somewhere, but it can't be seen and i need it seen. Any suggestions let me know. Thanks Again

Former Community Member
I am glad I found your posting. I was about to implement a series of forms with a signature request. However, the problem that I am having is trying to get the "submit to email" button to submit in a form other than xml. Can someone help me figure this out?

Thanks,

Rebecca

Former Community Member
Beckie - I got your back on this one. let me type somethign up for you.

Former Community Member
Beckie-

1. be sure you have your source tab avaialble. you can get it open by going View XML Source.
2. go into the form designer view- Select the button. - While the button is still selected go over to the XML Source tab that should be located right next to the deign tab.
3. after switching the screen view, you will notice that the xml view has a highlighted row selected. THAT IS YOUR BUTTON. Scroll down slowly until you see the txt that looks like this:

4.Change the "xml" to "pdf", switch back to the design view - save and test it. Let me know if you ahve an issue.

Lucy