Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

submit as pdf

Former Community Member
Hi there. I want to create a button to submit a form to an email address as a pdf. I have placed a button in the form with my email address. I don't know what is supposed to happen after that. When I test the form, my email program comes up, but I can't find the pdf. Obviously I am missing some setting somewhere but I cannot find this question on the forum. Please help? Thanks for the help in advance.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Cara,

Keep in mind that in order to submit a form as a PDF (vs. submitting just the data as XML or the form+data as XDP), the person filling out the form will need Acrobat (not Reader) OR you will have to enable that usage right with Reader Extensions.

Having said that, here are the steps to create a button to email a PDF...

1. Add a button object (NOT the email submit button)

2. On the Object/Field palette, set it to be a Submit button

3. On the Object/Submit palette, set the Submit to URL to be mailto:youremailaddress and the Submit format to be PDF.

Rob Gabbard

Cardinal Solutions Group

www.cardinalsolutions.com

Former Community Member
Thank you for your information. I have two questions regarding your response.

1. Once I have set the button to Submit format to PDF, what does the user do once they submit. When I tried a test, my email program came up, but I was at a loss as what to do next, and my clients might be, too.

2. How do I enable usage right with Reader extensions?

Thanks again for your answer, Rob!