Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

loadXML over HTTP?

Former Community Member
I had assumed this was possible, but I am not so sure now:

Is it possible to make an HTTP request using loadXML (to populate a drop-down list, in this case)?
3 Replies

Former Community Member
geraint_michael@adobeforums.com wrote:

> I had assumed this was possible, but I am not so sure now:

>

> Is it possible to make an HTTP request using loadXML (to populate a drop-down list, in this case)?

I don't believe so. However, you can do it using a SOAP web service request.

--

Justin Klei

Cardinal Solutions Group

www.cardinalsolutions.com

Former Community Member
Yes, it could be done with SOAP, but be aware that SOAP is not supported within Reader. SOAP is only supported within Acrobat. (Reader Extensions can be used to give rights to a document so that SOAP _can_ be used within Reader, but RE is apparently an expensive and "custom" solution. Adobe has been reluctant to even give me a price quote on RE.)

Former Community Member
Brad_Whitaker@adobeforums.com wrote:

> Yes, it could be done with SOAP, but be aware that SOAP is not supported within Reader. SOAP is only supported within Acrobat. (Reader Extensions can be used to give rights to a document so that SOAP _can_ be used within Reader, but RE is apparently an expensive and "custom" solution. Adobe has been reluctant to even give me a price quote on RE.)

Brad,

My company is a reseller of LiveCycle products. If you aren't able to make any progress with

getting a Reader Extensions quote from Adobe, send us an email at adobe@cardinalsolutions.com and

we'll see what we can do for you.

--

Justin Klei

Cardinal Solutions Group

www.cardinalsolutions.com