Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

SQLEXception: The Connection is closed

Former Community Member
Hello,

Recently I got the LiveCycle Server environment built on Windows 2003 Server, JBoss 4.0.3 SP1 and MS SQL Server 2005.

This is a production server, and will be used sometime next week. I have this server UP for the past few days, though there is no activity on the server, I am seeing some exception logs in the JBOSS server.logs

I am not sure whether this execption occured because there is no activity on the server, or there is something I need to worry.

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance

Sivajee.

Here is the trace of the exception logs:

2008-10-30 04:20:00,037 WARN [com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPLoggedException] UserM:GENERIC_WARNING: [Thread Hashcode: 21982545] | [com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStatement] errorCode:12290 errorCodeHEX:0x3002 message:execute query failure(select top 1 * from EDCJOBENTITY where (EDCJOBENTITY.jobType = ?)) chainedException:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The connection is closed.chainedExceptionMessage:The connection is closed. chainedException trace:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The connection is closed.

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(Unknown Source)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.checkClosed(Unknown Source)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedConnection.prepareStatement(WrappedConnection.java:187)

at com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStatement.executeQuery(DBStatement.java:295)

at com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStoreProvider.retrieveAll(DBStoreProvider.java:2048)

at com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStoreProvider.retrieve(DBStoreProvider.java:1757)

at com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.jdbc.DBStoreProvider.retrieve(DBStoreProvider.java:1804)

at com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.spi.StoreProvider.retrieve(StoreProvider.java:149)

at com.adobe.idp.um.dpl.JobFactory.findJobByJobType(JobFactory.java:71)

at com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectorySynchronizationManagerBean.jobAcquire(DirectorySynchronizationManagerBean.java:2377)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor349.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154)

at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:335)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:166)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)

at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)

at $Proxy210.jobAcquire(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.um.util.UMSchedulerUtil$JobUtil.acquireJob(UMSchedulerUtil.java:489)

at com.adobe.idp.um.scheduler.D
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Following is the first exception trace occuring at 3AM every night:

2008-10-29 03:00:59,872 INFO [org.quartz.core.JobRunShell] Job QUARTZ_JOBGROUP_IDP.DIRSYNC_JOB threw a JobExecutionException:

org.quartz.JobExecutionException: A full directory sync initiated through a cron setting or a user-initiated `Sync Now' action in the web console failed to start due to some other running job. This exception indicates that the full directory sync will be rescheduled to run as soon as possible.

at com.adobe.idp.um.scheduler.DirectorySyncJob.executeSyncInitiate(DirectorySyncJob.java:209)

at com.adobe.idp.um.scheduler.DirectorySyncJob.execute(DirectorySyncJob.java:101)

at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)

at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:529)

2008-10-29 12:01:00,069 WARN [org.jboss.mq.Connection] Connection failure, use javax.jms.Connection.setExceptionListener() to handle this error and reconnect

org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Exiting on IOE; - nested throwable: (java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out)

at org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException.getAsJMSException(SpyJMSException.java:66)

at org.jboss.mq.Connection.asynchFailure(Connection.java:439)

at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.UILClientILService.asynchFailure(UILClientILService.java:159)

at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager$ReadTask.handleStop(SocketManager.java:423)

at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager$ReadTask.run(SocketManager.java:355)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:235)

at org.jboss.util.stream.NotifyingBufferedInputStream.read(NotifyingBufferedInputStream.java:67)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.peek(ObjectInputStream.java:2196)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readBlockHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:2376)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.refill(ObjectInputStream.java:2443)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.read(ObjectInputStream.java:2515)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readByte(ObjectInputStream.java:2664)

at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readByte(ObjectInputStream.java:875)

at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager$ReadTask.run(SocketManager.java:300)

... 1 more

Anyone, please let me know if there is something I can do to avoid this exception

Former Community Member
- Which version of LiveCycle you have?
- Check if the follwing line are in your adobe-ds.xml under the deploy directory in JBoss:

com.mysql.jdbc.integration.jboss.MysqlValidConnectionChecker
com.mysql.jdbc.integration.jboss.ExtendedMysqlExceptionSorter
SELECT count(*) from DUAL
SELECT count(*) from DUAL

Level 6

I'm getting this problem too.  I checked adobe-ds and it has the entries that you mentioned.  Can you explain what's going on and how to fix it?

2009-12-09 03:01:00,004 INFO  [org.quartz.core.JobRunShell] Job QUARTZ_JOBGROUP_IDP.DIRSYNC_JOB threw a JobExecutionException:
org.quartz.JobExecutionException: A full directory sync initiated through a cron setting or a user-initiated `Sync Now' action in the web console failed to start due to some other running job. This exception indicates that the full directory sync will be rescheduled to run as soon as possible.
    at com.adobe.idp.um.scheduler.DirectorySyncJob.executeSyncInitiate(DirectorySyncJob.java:209)
    at com.adobe.idp.um.scheduler.DirectorySyncJob.execute(DirectorySyncJob.java:101)
    at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
    at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:529)

Level 4

Hi Jared,

The specific exception that you provided should not effect the system. It just happens that twojob try to run at same time . What version of ES are you. In the GM version we added some phase diff between various such job so that such collisions can be avoided

In all this specific exception can be safely ignored