Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Image Field Not Displaying Images Properly

Former Community Member
I am using LiveCycle Designer 7.0 for the sole purpose of having the ability to insert an image field on my documents. I have set up the image field so that an inserted image is scaled-to-fit and right-aligned. When I insert an image, it does insert scaled-to-fit; however, it is always centered. When my coworker inserts an image it is stretched-to-fit and centered. I have double- and triple-checked that I have formatted the image field correctly. It isn't working as programmed. Is this a bug with LiveCycle Designer or is there a way to fix the problem?
7 Replies

Former Community Member
Theresa, there are two types of objects for images. One is an Image object, the other is an Image Field. The Image Field will display differently because it leaves space for a caption. If you set the image in an Image Field to 30 mm width, it will actually be smaller than 30mm. Perhaps this is the problem between the two objects you are looking at.

Former Community Member
Helen, thank you for your response. I am using the image field rather than the image object and have removed the caption functionality. I am not so much concerned about the size of the image when inserted into the image field, but rather the fact that the image is stretched to fit within the field when I specifically set the image field to insert the image as a scaled image. The odd thing is that when I insert an image into the image field, it displays proportionately, but it displays as a stretched image when my coworker inserts the same image in the same file on her computer. When I print the file, the image looks proportionate, and when she prints the file, the image looks stretched. Do you think it could be a view/print setting function within Adobe Acrobat/Reader or maybe even at the system level?

Former Community Member
Theresa

I am having the same problem with my file. I set the image to scale proportionally but when I "preview PDF" it is stretched. Did you find a solution?

I have once or twice gotten it to work correctly, but then try it again and it doesn't. Does this have anything to do with using a PDF as an artwork background?

Sarah

Former Community Member
I have a Question about LiveCycle Desinger 7.0

is it possible that you make 1 image field split himself at more imagefields?

Former Community Member
I am having the same problem with my file. I set the image to scale proportionally but when I "preview PDF" it is stretched. Did you find a solution? Any ideas or suggestions?

Former Community Member
I found the the problem was only on my computer. When I sent the file to others, it worked correctly.

Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm also having this issue with Image Fields in Reader 8 - they skew no matter what setting you choose to display them as. 

Anyone know of a workaround (maybe a javascript to force image proportionality?)?  Image Fields are not very helpful if you require all of your users to download Reader 9...

Also, I'm aware that Image Fields work properly as long as you do NOT import a pdf as background artwork.  So it could potentially work if you save your background pdf as an image and add it into a new Designer file as an image.  But this causes loss of picture resolution...

Appreciate any help!