Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Subform pallet items greyed-out, Pagination, etc. grey

Former Community Member
When I add a subform, or wrap objects in a subform, the features on the Pagination tab are greyed out and not clickable. This happens even on a PDF that has other subforms that the features are not disabled/grey. For example I can open one of the sample files that came with Designer and click on one of the subforms and all the features, like the pagination tab are ok, then I add a subform and the pagination tab features are grey.

Anybody know what is going on here?
2 Replies

Level 1

Well I am over two years too late for you, but since I was wasted all morning trying to figure out why none of the fields in the pagination tab for the instance I want to repeat were greyed out,. I thought I should reply and save the next newbie some time.

The problem is that all subforms ABOVE the object in the hierarchy have to have their "content field"  set to "Flowed".

Level 1

Thanks a lot. Seemed like we were trying to solve this problem at exactly the same time.

I have not got it all working yet, but at least I now know where to look for the solution.