Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Saving Data with Adobe Reader Extensions

Former Community Member
Hi,

I would like to fill-in the interactive PDF form using Acrobat Reader 7.0 and save it locally along with the data.

As this is not possible with Acrobat Reader 7.0 as it cannot save the PDF Form containing data and requires Adobe Reader Extension in order to do that.

Does this mean the Adobe Reader Extensions has to installed on each client machine?

Thanks,

Khader.
6 Replies

Former Community Member
No

You run Reader extension server on a server.

And by accessing your form the Reader extension server produce a form (pdf-file) that is enabled.

I e you can use it on a PC with Acrobat reader.

All readers have the abilities but this abilities is unlocked with the enabled pdf-file.

/ulf.a@dtp-tjanst.se

Former Community Member
where can i get the Adobe Reader Extension ?

Former Community Member
You can do this with 8.0 without reader extension (I believe the only limitation is the # of users cannot exceed 500, but you should double check that.)

I've built a few forms for my small company now in 8.0 and users can email completed forms, save completed forms etc.

Former Community Member
Hi James,

How can it be limited by the # of users, as long as any user opens the form in adobe reader 8.0 he can save the data. Kindly correct if I am wrong.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Community Member
I have Adobe 8.0 and have tried creating a form that a person who only has Reader loaded would need to save locally until all of the form is filled out. Based on James Smith's entry above, I should not need the Reader Extension. I have not yet found information in the Help documents that tell me how to create a form that will be able to be saved locally by a user.

M. Roth

Former Community Member
Hi Melody,

I had a tough time uncovering this as well since I was looking in Designer for a way to turn on the ability for Reader users to save the PDF form; however, that option is in Adobe Acrobat 8.0 Professional (not standard). Open your PDF in there and go to Advanced. Select Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader to allow users to save their changes to your PDF form.

This site (http://www.acrobatusers.com/articles/2006/09/enabling_reader) was *way* more helpful.