Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Reset Instances with Reset button

Former Community Member
How I'll reset repeating fields(instances) with a Reset button?

If I have add repeating fields(instances)regular Reset button deletes all entered data, but does not work for the repeating fields!

Thanks
3 Replies

Former Community Member
The reset button is supposed to restore the form to its original state. If you have added repeating fields then they were not there at the beginning ...so it is doing what it is supposed to do.

Level 3

Hi Pguerett, is there a way to hide back the forms/objects that were intially hidden and were displayed using a check box once the reset button is cliked on? For instance, if I have a form that has check box that displays certain hidden fields or subforms when checked, the reset button does clear the check box but does not hide back the displayed items....

Thank you for your help!!!

Former Community Member

If you enter the command xfa.host.resetData() that should restore all fields back to their original state. You can pass into the command only the objects that you want to reset if you want to only reset a select few.

Paul