Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reducing file size

Former Community Member
Does anyone have any tips for reducing the file size of a multiple page form?
3 Replies

Former Community Member
How big a form is it, and what sort of content does it contain?

Does the form contain images? Embedded images can quickly bloat a form - taking a JPG images and converting it to a GIF or lower resolution JPG, for example, can save a lot of space.

--

SteveX

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
The form is 56 pages and at the moment it is 6.6MB I think it will get up to 10MB by the end. It is going to be a proposal genenerator so the majority of pages are product pages each containing a product image (jpg) at 1 inch high and 150dpi and a short description. But, I can't reduce these too much further because of the print quality needed and I can't link to the photos because people need to use it without a internet connection. When I work with PDFs there is the save to reduce file size option so I was hoping there was something I could use here?

Former Community Member
Optimization Tips:

1) When you save the document you must deselect the option to incrust the text. (it reduces the size enough).

2) Change the resolution of the images of the form. Sometimes the GIF format is more ideal for web forms.

3) Hide the pages of the document that are not necessary in this moment using the "Hide (exclude of the presentation)" option. Later you can offer a button to the user to show them. It reduce the document's size enough (to distrubute it).

Regards,

Dan