Expand my Community achievements bar.

Properties for Accessibility Standards

Former Community Member
I have created forms in Adobe Livecycle Designer 8.0 to be used online. In order to make these forms "Accessible" for our website, I need to be able to add form properties and test the accessibility from within Adobe Professional ( this functionality isn't available in Designer), but the Properties options are greyed out when the form is opened in Professional. Designer does allow you to add some properties (Title, author etc.) from within the program but once they're opened in Reader or Professional the properties do not show and therefore do not allow it to pass accessibility testing. We need to be able to use online forms but meeting accessibility standards is mandatory for our website here.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
4 Replies

Former Community Member
The acceissibility options are in Designer. If you hit Shift-F6 or choose to show the accessibility palette under the Window menu you can set your accessibilitu on an obejct by object basis. Then when you open it in Reader/Acrobat you should be ready for testing.

The options in Acrobat will always be greyed out because you are using Desiigner to build your PDF.

Former Community Member
Thanks, using that I was able to make it pass the test in Adobe except for the language specification requirement. Does anyone know if there's a way to set it? Thanks again.

Former Community Member
What do you mean - language specification req? I have not heard of that before.

Level 1

I am truly hoping SOMEONE has an answer for this!  I realize your post was some time ago - in case this went "off forum" here is the background.

In LiveCycle Designer ES, you can set the default "Form locale" under "Defaults" on the File Properties page.  This is essentially the default language for the form.  The problem comes when you generate a pdf from the form.  Regardless of this setting, if you view the Advanced tab under the pdf's document properties, the field "Language" under Reading Options is blank, and greyed out - you cannot change it.  This is the field Adobe uses to check for accessibility- if it is blank it gives an error message upon an accessibility check reading "the form lacks a language specification".  I have searched all over this forum and all over the web trying to figure out how to correct this with no luck.  Any pointers????