Highlighted

Problem with subform set

27-08-2008

Hi all ,

I am facing a problem with subform set. When i use two subform sets with same set of conditions in a form, only the first subform set works while the second one does nothing. Did any of you faced the same problem ? If so Please let me know the solution you came up with. Thanks.

SrPrabhu

Replies

Highlighted
Highlighted

radzmar

MVP

28-08-2008

Hello,

I'm have the same problem but with checkboxes when I use several instances of a subform.

Allthough the checkboxes are set to "global" and have the same naming!

As I mark them, only the checkboxes in the first instance get marked.

The ones in the other instance of the subform are still blank.

Untill now, I didn't find the reason or an solution for this problem, cause text fields etc. are working fine.
Highlighted

29-08-2008

Hi scott,

The problem is with subform set and not subform. In subform set, we can give conditions to make only one subform visible at a time that satisfies the condition. First create a subform set having more than one subform. Now apply the conditions to that subform set. Check if it works. I m sure it wil work. Now just make a duplicate copy of the same subform set. Place it in the same form so that now two subform sets are available. Now preview the form. U wil fine only one subform set working and the other one doesnt.

We can use any number of subform set within a form. If different conditions are applied to each subform set , it works fine.

i wonder now wat wud u do in case if we are in need of two subformset having the same condition in a form ?

Thanks,

Sr Prabhu