[2008-07-21 16:16:43,250], INFO , Thread-9, com.adobe.livecycle.cdv.util.JaclResponseParser, parseString: ADMA5058I: 전개 대상 버전에 대해 응용프로그램 및 모듈 버전의 유효성을 검증했습니다.
[2008-07-21 16:16:43,250], INFO , Thread-9, com.adobe.livecycle.cdv.util.JaclResponseParser, parseString: ADMA5018I: EAR(Enterprise Archive) 파일 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\app59278.ear에서 EJBDeploy 명령을 실행 중입니다.
[2008-07-21 16:16:43,250], INFO , Thread-9, com.adobe.livecycle.cdv.util.JaclResponseParser, parseString: Starting workbench.
Looking at the SystemOut.log it seems that there is an error in Websphere not being able to deploy the ears on your server. Is your Windows Server 2003 server uses Japanese as base locale? If it is, then please perform the following:
1. Stop and undeploy (or un-install) adobe-livecycle-native-websphere-[OS].ear and adobe-workspace-client.ear ears from Websphere. Since adobe-livecycle-websphere.ear is not started yet, then simply just undeploy it.
2. Login to Websphere admin console
3. Browse to Server > Application Server > server 1
4. Under Server Infrastructure, click Java and Process Management > Process Definition
5. Under Addition Properties, click Java Virtual Machine
6. In the Generic JVM argument box, remove Dfile.encoding=utf8, click Ok and Apply
7. Save the changes to Master Configuration and Restart Websphere
Once all steps outlined above are completed, redeploy the ear files manually to Websphere and attempt to start them. If they were all deployed and started successfully. Add Dfile.encoding=utf8 to the Generic JVM arguments, save the change and restart Websphere.