Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Printing to specific paper tray (manual feed)

Level 4
Hi all

We are migrating forms to Adobe LC platform. Anyone know of a way to print to a specific paper tray from Adobe Reader?. Will it demand Adobe Forms? I need to hit the manual feed tray so the user can feed with special paper.

Bring it on!!

/Thomas Groenbaek

Jyske Bank,Denmark
3 Replies

Former Community Member
I have a similar issue in that I need to switch the printer to duplex. I have been working with premium support and we have not been able to find a solution. I logged an enhancement with Adobe to include this level of printer control and this feature is scheduled to be included in Reader v8

Level 4
Both printer tray and duplex control are outside of features that can be applied to a PDF. Both would be welcome features to Acrobat JavaScript.

Both of these features are in Postscript. I don't know of any specific tool but you might want to look around for post processing tools. For example a Postscript print driver that would add these features then redirect to the real printer. I'm sure I've heard of something like this.

Just a thought,

Thom Parker

WindJack Solutions

www.windjack.com

Level 7
Many have argued that such features would be completely contrary to

what the "P" in PDF stands for. Equally, others argue that they don't

care, that they want printer control. It's certainly the case that

such features, valuable in a closed system, would be abused by people

making public documents who think that they "need" to control people's

printing activities, and in the process lock people out of actually

getting stuff on paper in the way they need.

Aandi Inston