Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multiline text filed question

Level 6
Hi,

When assigning a value to a multiline text object, the value is writen only to the first line and will be cut depending of the max char property. Is there any way to assing values to all the lines of a multiline text field (the field will have a predefined number of maximum lines)?

Thank you
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Not sure if I understand what you're asking. Are you trying to prepopulate the field with a default value?

Level 6
Hello,

Yes, but the problem is not the cut off. This was do to the properties of the field. So, I can now set the value like a default value and the value will span to multiple lines. The problem is that I would like to know how much lines the object could have (the limit length to visible area will be selected).

Thank you

Former Community Member
That will be determined by the font size you use, the line spacing you set, and the height of your field. The only way I know of would be to preview the form and check. Once you have a font size/line spacing/field height combination you like, you can drag the field into your custom library and make it a reusable object for future reference.