Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCyle 8.2, WinXP SP2 - LC crashes after creating bloated pdf file

Level 4
Last night, while cleaning up a form, and taking out code like debugging app.alerts, LiveCycle ballooned the form file size from 13MB to 52MB!

This morning, when I opened the file and made any modifications and then saved it, LC crashed with a Visual C runtime error, which wiped out the form file, leaving a 0 byte file. I'm hosed on all the work I did since as soon as I load the .bak file, rename and save it, as soon as I modify the newly named file, it crashes again.

I have the DRWatson dump files for the crash. How do I bring this to the attention of Adobe? The bloating of the form is problematic since it leaves the form too big to email, but the crash is scary.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Can you save the form as a PDF and send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com ... I think I know what is happening.

Level 4
I'll give it a try -- not sure whether I can get 50+ MB through our firewall.

Level 4
Bizarre -

I zipped the pdf file and it zipped to only 584Kb. I'll send it and the DRWatson files

Level 4
Many thanks to Paul -- he fixed the problem.

Level 10
Hi Bill/Paul,

What was the solutions?

Thanks, Niall