Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

LCDS + JBoss Help

Former Community Member
I am looking for info. on getting LCDS to run on JBoss 4.2.2. I searched google and found a few links that looked promising but they are no longer up.

Such as:

http://acspace.can.adobe.com/blogs/xav/2008/03/15/how-to-setup-an-efficient-lcds-application-with-fl...

Anyone know how to get to that place on adobe...the posting was just a few months ago.

I have a WAR (exploded) running in JBoss. (i.e. C:\jboss\server\default\deploy\MyProject.war)

The project exposes a Java class as a web service using Apache CXF. I have a Flex 3 client that accesses it, all is well.

I'd like to add LiveCycle DS (LCDS) to the web app so that I can get messages from ActiveMQ to my Flex client. What do I need to do to make this WAR one that includes the LCDS configs and JARs necessary ?

thanks
9 Replies

Former Community Member
Ok, so I used the Flex.war that came with LCDS as a starting point for getting it all bundled. Now I have my app in a war file (instead of exploded to a directory). When I start I now get a "NoClassDefFoundError" : org/hibernate/cfg/AnnotationConfiguration

I have the Hibernate annotation jars inside my WAR file under WEB-INF/lib

How do I tell JBoss that they're in there? Do I need to do something to the MANIFEST.MF?

Former Community Member
Well apparently JBoss includes Hibernate and Hibernate annotations JAR files and since my WAR also did that caused a conflict.

Former Community Member
were you able to locate the document? how-to-setup-an-efficient-lcds-application-with-flex-3-on-jboss

Former Community Member
nope I wasn't. Although it should be as simple as using the "flex.war" file that comes with LCDS and adding your content to it, then deploying it. I ended up having classpath issues because JBoss includes some JAR's that I also wrapped up with my application.

Former Community Member
Hi,

I am trying to connect to a java class in JBoss (through LCDS architechture) but the problem is that the service (remote objects) in flex is not getting connected. to add to it, I am not even getting any exception through which I could find why this is happeneing...

Kindly suggest a way to get out of this problem.

Regards,

Harpreet

Former Community Member
did you setup your destination in the LCDS config files?

Former Community Member
yes, i have set the destination in remoting-config.xml, yet i am not able to connect to the java class...

Is it possible for you to give me complete set of steps to follow, so that i may check if i have mot missed any part of setup...!

Former Community Member
Can you show me the snippets from remoting-config.xml for your destination, show me your java class and show me your flex code?

Former Community Member
Hi<br /><br />Here i m working on JBoss 4.2.2 and eclipse Gynemade. I m instantiating<br />a java file at the time when jboss configure log4j.xml. I had given its entry<br />in log4j.xml. Now my problem is that file have to access the database which<br />are bound to perticuler JNDI names. And JNDI service starts after the log4j<br />configure. So a null pointer exception is coming at the time server configure<br />log4j, due to that java file. Can Anyone help me here. I m sending the change in log4j.xml that exception detail<br /><br />Code:<br /><br /><appender name="FILE" class="org.jboss.logging.appender.DailyRollingFileAppender"><br /> <errorHandler class="org.jboss.logging.util.OnlyOnceErrorHandler"/><br /> <param name="File" value="${jboss.server.log.dir}/server.log"/><br /> <param name="Append" value="false"/><br /><br /> <!-- Rollover at midnight each day --><br /> <param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd"/><br /><br /> <!-- Rollover at the top of each hour<br /> <param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd-HH"/><br /> --><br /><br /> <layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout"><br /> <!-- The default pattern: Date Priority [Category] Message\n --><br /> <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5p [%c] %m%n"/><br /><br /> <!-- The full pattern: Date MS Priority [Category] (Thread:NDC) Message\n<br /> <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5r %-5p [%c] (%t:%x) %m%n"/><br /> --><br /> </layout><br /> </appender><br /><appender name ="FILE1" class="org.apache.log4j.FileAppender"><br /> <param name="File" value="${jboss.server.log.dir}/server1.log" /><br /> <param name="Append" value="false" /><br /> <layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout"><br /> <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5r %-5p [%c] (%t:%x) %m%n"/><br /> <br /> </layout><br /> <filter class="com.propco.tools.mergemanager.profiles.Domfilter"/><br /><br /> <br /><br />[img]http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=95972212vg1.png[/img]<br /><br />Please zoom in the image as the image is a little out of focus.<br />Sorry for the inconvenience.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Divya Garg