Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Fields keeping their old names when submitting

Level 4
Hi all,

I am submitting my URL to an asp process that returns every child with a data binding.

Part of my form creates an instance of a subform (DisplayForm), which contains a check box, for every member of staff in a team.

The default name of that check box is "CheckBox" but I then change it to be the name of the member of staff (No spaces) by using:

Question10.ResourceListForm.nodes.item(resourceListNode).Personnel.DisplayForm.all.item(countInstances).nodes.item(0).name = xfa.datasets.data.Users.nodes.item(recordNode).FIRSTNAME.value+xfa.datasets.data.Users.nodes.item(recordNode).LASTNAME.value;

However, when I submit my form it is passing the name "CheckBox" through to the asp and I just get a list:

CheckBox: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Obviously this isn't very useful, does anyone know how I can update (maybe the XML structure or something?) my form so that it passes through the new names?

Many thanks,

Tom
2 Replies

Former Community Member
You cannot change the name of the field on the fly or the value that the checkbox will submit as an on/off value either.

What if you created a new field (hidden) and based on the checkbox that was selected wrote their name in the hidden field. Then when it was submitted you woudl have all users that were checked in the hidden field.