Expand my Community achievements bar.

LCDS + JBoss Help

Former Community Member
I am looking for info. on getting LCDS to run on JBoss 4.2.2. I searched google and found a few links that looked promising but they are no longer up.

Such as:

http://acspace.can.adobe.com/blogs/xav/2008/03/15/how-to-setup-an-efficient-lcds-application-with-fl...

Anyone know how to get to that place on adobe...the posting was just a few months ago.

I have a WAR (exploded) running in JBoss. (i.e. C:\jboss\server\default\deploy\MyProject.war)

The project exposes a Java class as a web service using Apache CXF. I have a Flex 3 client that accesses it, all is well.

I'd like to add LiveCycle DS (LCDS) to the web app so that I can get messages from ActiveMQ to my Flex client. What do I need to do to make this WAR one that includes the LCDS configs and JARs necessary ?

thanks
9 Replies

Former Community Member
Ok, so I used the Flex.war that came with LCDS as a starting point for getting it all bundled. Now I have my app in a war file (instead of exploded to a directory). When I start I now get a "NoClassDefFoundError" : org/hibernate/cfg/AnnotationConfiguration

I have the Hibernate annotation jars inside my WAR file under WEB-INF/lib

How do I tell JBoss that they're in there? Do I need to do something to the MANIFEST.MF?

Former Community Member
Well apparently JBoss includes Hibernate and Hibernate annotations JAR files and since my WAR also did that caused a conflict.

Former Community Member
were you able to locate the document? how-to-setup-an-efficient-lcds-application-with-flex-3-on-jboss

Former Community Member
nope I wasn't. Although it should be as simple as using the "flex.war" file that comes with LCDS and adding your content to it, then deploying it. I ended up having classpath issues because JBoss includes some JAR's that I also wrapped up with my application.

Former Community Member
Hi,

I am trying to connect to a java class in JBoss (through LCDS architechture) but the problem is that the service (remote objects) in flex is not getting connected. to add to it, I am not even getting any exception through which I could find why this is happeneing...

Kindly suggest a way to get out of this problem.

Regards,

Harpreet

Former Community Member
did you setup your destination in the LCDS config files?

Former Community Member
yes, i have set the destination in remoting-config.xml, yet i am not able to connect to the java class...

Is it possible for you to give me complete set of steps to follow, so that i may check if i have mot missed any part of setup...!

Former Community Member
Can you show me the snippets from remoting-config.xml for your destination, show me your java class and show me your flex code?

Former Community Member
Hi<br /><br />Here i m working on JBoss 4.2.2 and eclipse Gynemade. I m instantiating<br />a java file at the time when jboss configure log4j.xml. I had given its entry<br />in log4j.xml. Now my problem is that file have to access the database which<br />are bound to perticuler JNDI names. And JNDI service starts after the log4j<br />configure. So a null pointer exception is coming at the time server configure<br />log4j, due to that java file. Can Anyone help me here. I m sending the change in log4j.xml that exception detail<br /><br />Code:<br /><br /><appender name="FILE" class="org.jboss.logging.appender.DailyRollingFileAppender"><br /> <errorHandler class="org.jboss.logging.util.OnlyOnceErrorHandler"/><br /> <param name="File" value="${jboss.server.log.dir}/server.log"/><br /> <param name="Append" value="false"/><br /><br /> <!-- Rollover at midnight each day --><br /> <param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd"/><br /><br /> <!-- Rollover at the top of each hour<br /> <param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd-HH"/><br /> --><br /><br /> <layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout"><br /> <!-- The default pattern: Date Priority [Category] Message\n --><br /> <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5p [%c] %m%n"/><br /><br /> <!-- The full pattern: Date MS Priority [Category] (Thread:NDC) Message\n<br /> <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5r %-5p [%c] (%t:%x) %m%n"/><br /> --><br /> </layout><br /> </appender><br /><appender name ="FILE1" class="org.apache.log4j.FileAppender"><br /> <param name="File" value="${jboss.server.log.dir}/server1.log" /><br /> <param name="Append" value="false" /><br /> <layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout"><br /> <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5r %-5p [%c] (%t:%x) %m%n"/><br /> <br /> </layout><br /> <filter class="com.propco.tools.mergemanager.profiles.Domfilter"/><br /><br /> <br /><br />[img]http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=95972212vg1.png[/img]<br /><br />Please zoom in the image as the image is a little out of focus.<br />Sorry for the inconvenience.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Divya Garg