Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

JBOSSService.exe mem usage 665,000K at idle

Former Community Member
My JBOSSService.exe mem usage is 665,000 K at idle. This seem quite high compare to JBOSSService.exe from a Live Cycle version 7.x, which is only ~131,000 K.

This is on a Windows 2003 box. Anyone else with such high number? Thx.
2 Replies

Level 4
I think the amount of memory consumed will depend on the number of products deployed, and in the case of PDF Generator, I would imagine the number of native conversion applications. My server with Acrobat and full Office conversion support usually uses about 800-900MB idle.

How many products from LC7 did you have installed when you reached the figure of 131,000K? I've just restarted a PDFG/ARES LC7 machine, after a reboot it uses 350MB for just two products.

Level 4
Adding to Robert's comments, memory uage in LC ES 8.0.1 will also depend on the Java heap size settings, which for a turnkey, is set to 1 GB maximum. You can change this behavior in the Windows registry, perform a search for the string "-Xmx" and you should be able to find the registry settings.

Setting this value too low will run the risk of you getting OutOfMemoryExceptions.