Expand my Community achievements bar.

Javascript Problems with Viruses

Former Community Member
Our IT department has been posting bulletins, company-wide about not allowing Javascript to run in PDFs. Does anyone know how that will impact forms/form execution in forms created using Acrobat 8? I got a really good book on forms, and was all set to go, but now I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble. Thanks
3 Replies

Level 7
Has your IT function posted the links to the patch or updated Acrobat/Reader with the latest updates that fix the latest problem for version s 7-9?

Adobe has acknowledged the problem and fixed it. As noted in the initial reports, this vulnerability is rare in the real world. And Acrobat/Reader JavaScript has very few exits outside of Acrobat/Reader, unlike the OS JavaScript. One should also look at all the functions within Acrobat JavaScript that have been restricted due to possible privacy and security vulnerabilities like no silent printing or quite saving. MicroSoft and web browser providers should be so responsive.

Former Community Member
Oddly enough, no. I have checked into on my own, though. I take it from your answer that this will fix the problem. If that's the case, I will approach our IT security people to see why they haven't. Thanks for your help.

Level 1

Thousands of victims suffer from malware due to insecure software like Adobe Reader.