Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How To Continue Tab Order onto Next Pages?

Former Community Member
Is it possible to extend the tab order in a form to the next page? I'm not finding any info about how to do this, but when I hit the tab button to go to the next page, it reverts back to #1...
6 Replies

Level 1
This did not work for me as I could not clearly understand what was being said in this post. Can anyone provide clear instructions on how to tab from one page to another, and page to the original page (for a two page form)?

I have a two page form and need to have the user tab from page one to page two, complete the fields and then tab back to page one.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Vince

Level 1
I was finally able to get this to work by (in my instance), placing a "Page 1 of 2" text element on the first page and ensuring that it was the last tab on page one. I then saved the form after completing all tabs on the first page.

I then created the tab order for page two in the normal process and added a "Page 2 of 2" text element at the bottom of page two, again, ensuring that it is the last tab item on the page. I saved the form.

I then swapped (by dragging the fields) the "Page 1 of 2" and "Page 2 of 2" text elements so that they were on the "wrong" pages. "Page 1 of 2" was placed at the bottom of the second page while "Page 2 of 2" was placed at the bottom of page one. I then edited the text element to indicate their correct locations (Page 1 of 2 became Page 2 of 2 and Page 2 of 2 became Page 1 of 2). So far, this process has worked for me on several forms that I've created recently.

Vince

Former Community Member
So glad I found this post while looking for another (of course), however I was not able to get this to work. One the tab order of page 2, I have 2 text boxes that insist in being included in the tab order. How do "unmark" these?

Level 1
Alright how do I get my tabs to work on every field that I've created or have a box in that I've set my tab order in? When I try to set my tab order in Design View with the fields that I've created, and then save them, go into Preview PDF and start tabbing, some of my tabs seem to be out of order or skip some of the fields, even though in Design View their all in order. How do I keep them from skipping fields in Preview PDF? Somone please Help.

Level 1

It took me forever to find the solution when I had the same issue.

Select 'Order Tabs by Structure' and it works like a charm.

sch777_0-1649342131821.png