Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to cc email a PDF form

Former Community Member
I have read all of the posts about this issue and followed all of the steps and I have a weird outcome.

I have a form with a button set up to submit PDF via email. In the object palette in the URL field it's set to

mailto:personONE@whatever.com?cc=personTWO@whatever.com

However when I click the submit form button it opens up my mail and puts the personONE email in both the "TO" and "CC" fields.

So the cc coding is working but it's not grabbing the right address...any thoughts I have a deadline of TODAY to get this to work!! Uggh!
8 Replies

Former Community Member
Post your form to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look

Level 1
Google "mailto syntax" and there are some interesting links.

Level 1
this works in Firefox/Thunderbird....

mailto test

Level 1
this works in Firefox/Thunderbird....

mailto test

Former Community Member
that's interesting...I see that your link indicates person one and two but when it opens my mail client it indicates to person one and cc person three. Person three wasn't even in the coding! Ok, it may be my mail client. Thank you Paul and Dave. I'm going to load the form to the web to see if my client treats it differently that way vs. being a local file that I'm testing.

I'll see what that does and post back.

Level 1
I added person three, subject, and body just to make sure all the variables would work. Yes it did go beyond the original question. BTW, what email client are you using that causes the second email address to be lost? Perhaps I can alter the code to handle that situation.

Dave

Former Community Member
we use novell groupwise. I found lots of posts last night of others that have this same problem but so far no solutions to make it work. Not sure what I'm going to do now...I really have to get this up and going.

Level 2
There are known issues with using Novell Groupwise and a MAPI-compliant program such as Acrobat. These can be found by doing a search on the Novell Support page. Perhaps this recently published technical note will help (if you're using Groupwise 7):

http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=3060400&sliceId=1&do...