Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

hanging indent/tab stop

Former Community Member
I thought I'd give Designer a try after spending time painstakingly adding form boxes to existing .pdfs in Acrobat Pro ... and have a question about the "hanging indent" property I'd expect to use for bulleted lists: is there a way to set a matching tab value? The behaviour I've seen so far lets me change the hanging indent but doesn't give me any handle on the tab position.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Here's the workaround I've been using for bullets and numbered lists. It's ugly, but it works. I create two static text elements with the same formatting and place them side by side, aligning the fields at the top. The text for the list items goes in the right field; the bullets (or numbers) go in the left field. That's the only way I can figure out how to do it. I'd love to see other alternatives.

Former Community Member
You can insert a basic round bullet point ( ) by using the keystroke [Alt 7]. The keystroke seems to work ok in both Designer and Acrobat.

For more of these refer to:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21089251

though you will note that the bullet point style referred to is given as [Alt 0149] !! Both seem to work ok.