Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Flowable PDF with subforms dilemma

Level 2
I am trying to set up a flowable PDF using a schema -

I am able to get the fields to display but only for one instance of the data.

I am having a real problem getting multiple instances of the subform to show - up.

The Schema is fine - i am the one who simply can't quite seem to get how to do it .

If I have a data connection to a schema - how do i get the subforms to repeat when there are multiple instances of the XML element in the associated data file ???
6 Replies

Former Community Member
Makes sure that there is a [*] in the binding expression where the rrepeating node is located. Also make sure that the checkbox on the binding tab that indicates "repeat subform for each data item" is checked.

Level 2
I keep having this very strange pagination probelm . now ....

Only the first page shows any data on initial pdf load ... - and the rest of the pages appear blank. Then when the data file is loaded ...

it does not advance forward but for each iteration of the section .. it simply overwrites itslef ... and looks a mess.

I try and go to the pagination tab - and everything is greyed out - ...

very odd

Former Community Member
Have you allowed th esubform to break pages....there is a checkbox on the Object palette of the subform.

Level 2
Ahhh - the root subform - and flowable - / versus positioned behavior -

I changed it so that it was flowed and also to allowed breaks to occur and it shows the data as expected now. Thanks Paul ....

Former Community Member
hi there, i have designed a static form and have save as a static form. and now i need to convert it to dynamic form...how i do this? when i open that form i have only one "static form" option available in Adobe LC ES 8.2...please suggest...

Former Community Member
Simply do a saveAs and choose a dynamic PDF form as your option.