to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Error - Inserting "Query for Multiple Rows as XML" data into xfaForm

Aditya_S_
Level 7
Level 7
I create an XML output from an SQL query module in Workbench. I use the Set Value to assign the XML output to a xfaForm variable.

When the view the form, I get an error in Workspace and the form doesn't open. I think the format of the XML data may not be compatible with the XDP.

Is there a way to insert "Query for Multiple Rows as XML" data in xfaForm variable ?
6 Replies
Jasmin_Charbonn
Level 10
Level 10
You have to put the data under the data node of the xfaForm variable.

Jasmin
Aditya_S_
Level 7
Level 7
ok ! I still get the error.

I used the set value to assign the XML to xfaForm

/process_data/appform/object/data=/process_data/xml

When I view the form, I get "An error occurred creating the form" error in Workspace.
Aditya_S_
Level 7
Level 7
Jasmin - I tried to assign a sample xml I created from LiveCycle Designer and it worked just fine.

I guess the output from the SQL query is not compatible with the xfaForm variable.

How can I conver XML data ?
Jasmin_Charbonn
Level 10
Level 10
You just need to make sure the xml coming from the DB matches the xml the forms is expecting. If you use a schema then the data has to follow the schema.

If not, then the structure should follow the structure of your sample xml file.

Jasmin
Aditya_S_
Level 7
Level 7
The XML does match the form. I used the same output via RenderPDF to a documentForm variable(same form) and it worked just fine.

However in my situation, I need to use xfaForm.

I think there are xdp and xfa tags in the xml which make it compatible.

Do you have a working sample ?
Aditya_S_
Level 7
Level 7
Jasmin - I now understand what you are suggesting after reading a related topic http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?128@@.59b6f70e

I used a SetValue to assign the xml to the same level in the xfaForm.

/process_data/xfaForm/object/data/xdp/datasets/data/WorkflowSample/personaldetails=/process_data/xml/WorkflowSample/personaldetails.

Thank you for helping.