Expand my Community achievements bar.

EmailSource is locked?

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I get this message in the server.log when LiveCycle tries to access an email-endpoint:

2008-03-27 10:56:54,868 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] EmailSource is Locked: [email@address.com]

What is causing this error and how can I avoid this happening?

Sincerely

Kim
4 Replies

Former Community Member
There could be any number of things wrong. Have you tried a different mailbox? Is Pop3 turned on in your mail server.

I have not seen that message before but I have seen instances where virus scan server will disable port 25 (which is what is used to contact the mail box). Can you ensure that virus scan software has not shut down port 25?

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again - thanks for your suggestions

I have seen this error quite a few times - with different mailboxes. I am just wondering what component that produces the error, I mean is it javamail JBoss, or the mailserver?

I have not found a permanent solution however disabling the email-endpoint and restarting the server seems to have done the trick. Still a weird problem though...

Once again thanks for your effort - I really appreciate any help I can get.

PS: I have not yet encountered any big trouble with the virus scanning devices (other than slowing down the JBoss-server to an extremely slow pace)

Sincerely

Kim

Former Community Member
I'm having the same problem here, EmailSource is locked. It was working fine and then for some reason it just stop sending emails. Any idea on this problem?

Level 8
Level 8
It has to do with the allovance of requests from e.g. gmail. If you do not poll the server as often (say only once per 2 or 3 minutes), you might be better off. I have not had the problem yet on LC ES 8.2...

Sincerely

Kim