Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Email 1 of Multiple Options??

Former Community Member
I have a drop down list of 9 people. I am wanting to be able to submit by email and the form be mailed as a .pdf to the person that was chosen in the drop down list. Is there any way to put a script or something on the submit by email button that will look at the field and put the appropriate address in the field or do i need to add an email button for each of the nine individuals. I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance!!

Nathan J. Hamilton
6 Replies

Former Community Member
On a REGULAR button (i.e. NOT a Submit by Email button)

I added the following script to the click event:

but make sure the path to your dropdown list is correct... (Check the hierarchy) If you're having any problem, send an email to mashdown45 AT gmail.com

var emailAddress = form1.sub.DropDownList1.rawValue;

event.target.submitForm({cURL:"mailto:"+emailAddress+"?subject=Submitted Form&body=Please find attached the completed form.",cSubmitAs:"PDF",cCharset:"utf-8"});

Former Community Member
Hi Chris,

I have just read your message on the Adobe forum and I hope you can help me. In a drop down list named line, I would like to link a different e-mail address for each value present in the list. I tried your script but It doesnt work. If you want you can write me: motormax AT email.it

Thank you in advance and best regards.

Max

Former Community Member
Hi Chris,

I tried your little script to email the PDF itself.

Yet I get an error, that this not a valid operation. Did you add any "Reader Extensions" to your PDF?

Any idea?

Ulrich

Former Community Member
It's possible you cannot email the complete PDF with only Reader - In that case, if it's not a problem for you, submit XDP data (replace "PDF" with "XDP") which will submit only the data which can then be imported to a blank copy of the form -

Former Community Member
Why is this not possible? Isnt it much more usable to send the entire form so the receiver doesnt have to import the data again ?

Is this only possible if the client has Adobe Reader Extensions installed ?

Former Community Member
hi Chris. T,

could you tell me how to set or modify the attachment name before sending msg?

I work with livecycle designer 8.

Thanks in adv!