Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email 1 of Multiple Options??

Former Community Member
I have a drop down list of 9 people. I am wanting to be able to submit by email and the form be mailed as a .pdf to the person that was chosen in the drop down list. Is there any way to put a script or something on the submit by email button that will look at the field and put the appropriate address in the field or do i need to add an email button for each of the nine individuals. I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance!!

Nathan J. Hamilton
6 Replies

Former Community Member
On a REGULAR button (i.e. NOT a Submit by Email button)

I added the following script to the click event:

but make sure the path to your dropdown list is correct... (Check the hierarchy) If you're having any problem, send an email to mashdown45 AT gmail.com

var emailAddress = form1.sub.DropDownList1.rawValue;

event.target.submitForm({cURL:"mailto:"+emailAddress+"?subject=Submitted Form&body=Please find attached the completed form.",cSubmitAs:"PDF",cCharset:"utf-8"});

Former Community Member
Hi Chris,

I have just read your message on the Adobe forum and I hope you can help me. In a drop down list named line, I would like to link a different e-mail address for each value present in the list. I tried your script but It doesnt work. If you want you can write me: motormax AT email.it

Thank you in advance and best regards.

Max

Former Community Member
Hi Chris,

I tried your little script to email the PDF itself.

Yet I get an error, that this not a valid operation. Did you add any "Reader Extensions" to your PDF?

Any idea?

Ulrich

Former Community Member
It's possible you cannot email the complete PDF with only Reader - In that case, if it's not a problem for you, submit XDP data (replace "PDF" with "XDP") which will submit only the data which can then be imported to a blank copy of the form -

Former Community Member
Why is this not possible? Isnt it much more usable to send the entire form so the receiver doesnt have to import the data again ?

Is this only possible if the client has Adobe Reader Extensions installed ?

Former Community Member
hi Chris. T,

could you tell me how to set or modify the attachment name before sending msg?

I work with livecycle designer 8.

Thanks in adv!