Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamically growing tables!!

Former Community Member
Hello, I'm trying to create a table where the cells dynamically grow (showing all inputted info, no scrolling arrows) as information is inputted and if needed, it will continue on the next page. I've tried everything, but come up unlucky. When I try, as I input info in the cells, a scrolling arrow shows up once alot of info is entered (not what I want). Any help would be much appreciated...thanks all!!!

shane c
4 Replies

Former Community Member
If you click on the text field in the cell, then click the Layout palette, there is a check box under height called "Expand to fit".

If you click on that, then the text field show grow as you type in new lines and you won't get the scroll bars (provided "Allow Multiple Lines" is enabled in Object properties of the text field).

As for continuing on to the next page, that may be a little more difficult - I think you'd have to ensure that the parent sub form AND the table itself will "Allow Page Breaks within Content".

Former Community Member
I am having the same problem and the instructions from jnesbitt didn't work for me. I'm still getting the scroll bar! Any other ideas out there?

Level 1
You will get the scroll bar until you Tab out of the field.

Former Community Member
I actually foundout that after selecting "Expand to Fit" and "Allow Mulitple Lines", I needed to put my text area in its own subform. For some reason it worked. You will see the the scroll arrows but once you print, all your info will display