Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic row numbering

Former Community Member
I have repeatable rows in a table and a numeric field at the beginning that displays the number of the row. I do this by puting "this.rawValue=this.parent.index+1;". When I push the Remove row button (every row has one), it romoves the row but the numbering is now off. I put in xfa.form.recalculate(1); which works, but if there's a validation rule somewhere in the entire form (like an invalid telephone number or something), a warning box immediately comes up everytime they press the button warning that the telephone number is wrong (which needless to say is annoying and confusing to the user).

Does anyone have an idea of how i can recalculate everything in that one table and not the entire form?

Thanks in advance.

Kyle
3 Replies

Level 5
I probably guess you are using the following (this.rawValue=this.parent.index+1)code not in layout:ready event. It will work if you move it to layout:ready event. Also check the telephone numer validation event and move the code out of layout:ready, calculate, validate events.

Good Luck

Former Community Member
I did try using the layout:ready event before and it did work. But after I analayzed system performance it wasn't a viable solution. A lot of the people who use these forms have crazy slow computers.

And the telephone validation is used under the Value tab. And the xfa.form.recalculate(1) method seams to activate it.

I'm not too worried. Just one more thing to add to the list u know.

Thanks for ur reply.

Kyle

Former Community Member
Did you ever find out if there is a way to recalculate everything in one table/subform and not the entire form?

I am having the same issue using

xfa.form.recalculate(1);

and trying to find a way to have automatic row/subform numbering without losing previously calculated data.