Highlighted

DSCSocketTimeoutException while installing generatepdf-dsc.jar

03-03-2009

Hi

I am trying to install the GeneratePDF service from the workbench. While installing the component i am getting the below error.

!ENTRY com.adobe.DSC_Admin_UI 4 4 2009-03-03 15:04:02.593

!MESSAGE install of C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\deploy\adobe-generatepdf-dsc.jar failed

!STACK 0

ALC-DSC-000-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.net.DSCSocketTimeoutException: Internal error.

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapAxisDispatcher.throwExceptionHandler(SoapAxisDispatcher.java:199)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapAxisDispatcher.doSend(SoapAxisDispatcher.java:125)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:57)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.component.client.ComponentRegistryClient.invoke(ComponentRegistryClient.java:373)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.component.client.ComponentRegistryClient.install(ComponentRegistryClient.java:131)

at com.adobe.dsc.views.RegistryTreeViewer$InstallWithProgress.run(RegistryTreeViewer.java:1217)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)

Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readHeadersFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:583)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:143)

at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)

at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2765)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2748)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2424)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2347)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1804)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapAxisDispatcher.doSend(SoapAxisDispatcher.java:123)

... 6 more

Any help will be great.

Thanks

Ullas

Replies

Highlighted

Steve_L_Walker

Total Posts

Correct Answer

Steve_L_Walker

Total Posts

Correct Answer

Steve_L_Walker

03-03-2009

Ullas,

To install LiveCycle PDF Generator ES on top of an existing LiveCycle ES deployment, you need to run the Configuration Manager and add PDF Generator.

On JBoss see C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\configurationManager\bin\ConfigurationManager.bat.

It will regenerate the adobe-livecycle-jboss.ear.

Steve
Highlighted

03-03-2009

Thanks Steve but I have already added PDF Generator in the Ear file generated in the configuration manager and I am using the Websphere application server.

Ullas
Highlighted

Steve_L_Walker

Total Posts

Correct Answer

Steve_L_Walker

Total Posts

Correct Answer

Steve_L_Walker

03-03-2009

Ullas,

If you have installed PDFG, why are you trying to install a jar file in Workbench?

Steve
Highlighted

chetanm_oct

chetanm_oct

chetanm_oct

04-03-2009

Hi Ullas,

The timeout is controlled by the Axis library which is used by the DSC SDK to make SOAP calls. Its default value is 60 sec.

-- Have you been able to deploy any other DSC using the workbench

-- Are there any server side logs/exception made when you deploy your DSC
Highlighted

04-03-2009

Chetan

I was able to deploy Workflow DSC Event DSC and others also but only generatePDF is thorowing the exception.

How can i increase the timeout period.
Highlighted

chetanm_oct

chetanm_oct

chetanm_oct

05-03-2009

Ullas<br /><br />Configuring the timeout period is not currently possible. <br /><br />The only solution I can think of is to deploy the component programatically using ServiceRegistry API. This would not be straightforward as the way provided by the Workbench but can be used.<br /><br />There is a sample provided with the LC ES SDK under <LiveCycle_ES_SDK>\samples\LiveCycleESAPI\FoundationAPI\DeployComponent which explains how to deploy the DSC component using LC API<br /><br />In that try to use the EJB route. <br /><br />Note for Websphere you would have to use the IBM JDK.